Associate Principal Engineer (.Net)at BOLD (View all jobs)
BOLD is seeking for Principal Engineer to make intuitive high-level decisions for software development. You will understand the domain knowledge and see the “big picture” to create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development team. The role is to design and be able to develop a unified vision for software characteristics and functions.
ABOUT THIS TEAM
BOLD Platform services team design, create, manage and maintain the highly scalable and distributed services for the wider use of web and mobile product applications/portals/websites. Current list of services are based on Microservices architecture whose domain ranges from visitor tracking, User profiles, authentication, content and payments.
Platform team uses state of the art modern technologies like .Net framework, Python, Java, SQL Server, My SQL, Graph DB, SOLR, and a lot of other tools & technologies serving millions of users with hundreds of million transactions everyday through a scalable and fault tolerant architecture.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Understand the systems from functional and technical perspective
- Understand the functional requirement and design software systems with various Microsoft technologies and ensure compliance to all architecture requirements which fulfils the functional needs as well effectively.
- Ensure highest level of technical quality, security, scalability, interoperability and stability in all products that are developed.
- Experience working with complex, high-transactional products is highly desirable.
- Develop solutions for various components and recommend changes for various products.
- Vet various tools, technologies and provide the best fit suggestions based on functional, operational and technical needs by comparing them.
- Periodic code reviews of the systems to make sure everything is in place technically.
- Well versed with the architectural methodologies & patterns and make recommendations to the engineering leadership including the architecture group.
- Monitor application architecture and ensure appropriate implementation of all solutions.
- Coordinate with architects and analysts and maintain technical knowledge.
- Investigate, analyse and document reported defects and ability to handle ambiguity and collaborate across multiple groups and disciplines
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired product
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility.
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Manage a complete toolset for streamlined development. Leads quality improvement
- Conversations- Collaborates with senior managers to communicate project risks
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Strong understanding/experience of core architectural concepts including cloud development, cloud design patterns, server less architecture, distributed systems, event-driven architecture, Restful/Micro Services.
- Good understanding/experience on scalability, availability, and performance of cloud applications, OOP Concepts, Design Patterns and Design Principles (SOLID etc.).
- Good understanding/experience with NoSQL databases, Graph DBs, & SQL DBs
- Understand high level business requirements and produce technical specifications, designs, architecture, and ultimately code.
- Design, develop, and deliver applications to include: architecture design, prototyping, development of production quality code, and design and development of unit tests.
- Excellent experience in the web environment.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills – can drive to root cause and solution to complex problems.
- Experience- 7 years+
WHAT’S GOOD TO HAVE
- Expertise in problem solving and debugging complex systems.
- Patient, flexible attitude, ability to perform under pressure.
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to the work.
- Ability to work well within a team or alone.
HERE’S A FEW OF OUR PERKS & BENEFITS
- Competitive Salary
- Tax friendly compensation structure
- Biannual Global Bonus
- Annual/Biannual Appraisal
- Company Equity & Dividend program
100% FULL HEALTH BENEFITS & MORE
- Group Mediclaim, Personal Accident & Term Life Insurance
- Practo Health Plus Membership
- Quarterly On-Site Wellness Programs
- Mental Health and Wellness (apps, additional support, etc.)
- Online Messaging Therapy App- Talkspace
FLEXIBLE TIME OFF
- 24 Paid Leaves with Yearly Declared Fixed Holidays
- Paid Compassionate, and Marriage leave
- COVID leave for up to 7 days
- Paternity and Maternity Leaves
- Monthly Broadband Reimbursement
- Home Office Equipment Reimbursement
- Certification Policy
- Udemy Learning Program
- Free Lunch Meals and Snacks
- Cab Pickup and Drop Off Facility
- Quarterly Team Outings and Annual Party
- Marriage, Birthday, and Diwali Gifts
As an established global organization (17 years and counting), BOLD helps people find jobs. Our story is one of growth, success, and professional fulfillment.
We create digital products that have empowered over three million people in 180 countries to build stronger resumes, cover letters, and CVs. The result of our work helps people interview confidently, finding the right job in less time.
Our employees are experts, learners, contributors, and creatives.
BOLD VALUES OUR POSITION AS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE VALUE, CELEBRATE, AND PROMOTE DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION.
We hired based on qualifications, merit, and our business needs.
We don't discriminate regarding race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law.