Big Data Architect/Engineering Managerat BOLD (View all jobs)
Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
BOLD is an established and fast-growing product company that transforms work lives. Since 2005, BOLD has delivered award-winning career services that have a meaningful and positive impact on job seekers and employers. BOLD’s robust product line includes a professional resume and cover letter writing services, scientifically validated career tests, and employer tools that help companies hire, onboard, and communicate with their staff.
Big Data is all about making dry figures accessible and useful to the right audience. Our team is working on latest tools for ETL, reporting, analysis and is providing performance monitoring and insights via dashboards, scorecards and ad hoc analysis which help create Customer Engagement reporting and modelling using our event stream.
You’ll combine your technical vision, analytical, communication and leadership skills to drive the design, development and implementation of big data systems. You’ll translate business requirements into the appropriate data models, processing frameworks and data workflows that can integrate disparate data sources into an enterprise data lake, leveraging the Hadoop ecosystem and MPP using HDFS, SQL, NoSQL and other data repositories.
You will lead and work collaboratively with business and technology stakeholders to establish and maintain an enterprise data architecture, strategy and roadmap. You will define, document, and apply business rules to enterprise data. You will also assist as needed in the design and development of ETL/modeling standards, policies, procedures, and metadata to ensure accuracy, quality, integrity, and optimization of this information.
You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside other talented engineers and data scientists on cutting-edge big data, search, machine learning and analytics problems
- Leverage Big Data Technologies such as Hadoop and Spark to write MapReduce and In-memory applications using Java, Scala, SQL, Pig, Hive, etc.
- Utilize and mentor developers in Java and/or Python, SQL Server and markup languages such as XML and JSON.
- Analyze multiple sources of structured and unstructured data to propose and design data architecture solutions for scalability, high availability, fault tolerance, and elasticity.
- Develop conceptual, logical and physical design for various data types and large volumes.
- Architect, design and implement high performance, large volume data integration processes, database, storage, and other back-end services in fully virtualized, cloud environments.
- Implement security, encryption best practices for big data environments.
- Create and maintain data flow diagrams, entity relationship diagrams, system diagrams, business and logical systems integration as it pertains to BI and big data systems.
- Understand business taxonomy and provide data analysis, design, modeling, and implementation leadership to project teams, database development group(s), IT, and the enterprise and ensure that reporting solutions are aligned with our architectural direction.
- Organize and lead teams to develop and refine conceptual data information models and participate in code reviews to support project development processes.
- Find and implement solutions to integrate event-based (e.g. clickstream), semi-structured (e.g. log files) and 3rd party data sources (e.g. E-commerce transaction data) with enterprise relational models and strategies for transactional and analytical systems to effectively share data.
- Establish and maintain alignment of the data architectures with BOLD’s business strategy, goals and objectives.
- Work with the Enterprise Architect, BI Architect and Application Architects to ensure that the defined architectures align with other architecture domains (e.g. infrastructure, microservices, EDW, security, etc.).
- Hands-on experience in:
- SQL and two major RDBMS’s
- Data architecture
- Architecting big data solutions
- Major Hadoop distribution
- Doing data related benchmarking, performance analysis and tuning
- Commercial development experience with Java, Python and/or .Net.
- NoSQL and MPP/columnar DB technologies
- Demonstrated ability to architect and model mission critical BI, OLAP, OLTP, ETL, NoSQL, MPP, In-memory and batch Hadoop solutions leveraging multiple data technologies (SQL Server, Redshift, Azure SQL, Informatica; MongoDB or HBase; Impala or Drill; Spark and Spark SQL)
- Operational expertise in the use of SQL/T-SQL
- Experience working with Cloud Storage solutions in AWS, Azure
- Demonstrated ability to architect and model data services using SOA principles
- Demonstrated experience translating business and technical requirements into comprehensive data reporting strategies and analytic solutions.
- Extensive background and expertise in developing and managing data technologies, technical operations, reusable data services, and related tools and technologies.
- Working knowledge of and experience with other enterprise domains (application, infrastructure, web, e-commerce etc.), IT Governance frameworks, concepts, methodologies and modeling techniques
- Experience with Hadoop and NoSQL technologies
- Experience with Streaming & Fast Data processing
- Strong, in-depth experience in data modeling and experience with BI systems (dimensional modeling, data mining, predictive analytics) and Analytics tools such as MicroStrategy, Tableau, Datameer, Sisense, Birst, R is a plus.
- Designing functional technology solutions
- Overseeing development and implementation of programs
- Providing technical leadership and support to the team
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
BOLD is a fast-paced, product company founded by two entrepreneurs passionate about helping people achieve their dreams. We stand together as a team empowering people to reach their professional aspirations. With our headquarters in Puerto Rico and offices in San Francisco and India, we’re a global organization on a path to change the career industry . Our vision is to revolutionize the online career world by creating transformational products that help people find jobs and companies hire the best candidates. A career at BOLD promises great challenges, opportunity, culture and the environment and you forge your own path ahead. Join us and discover what a great place BOLD is!
WHAT WE DO...
Since 2005, we’ve helped more than 10,000,000 folks from all over America (and beyond!) to reach higher and to do better. With multiple online destinations providing successful and effective products and services, we’re partners along the way- from building successful resume to interviewing with confidence and landing the offer.
WHAT MAKE US BOLD
We at BOLD share the same passion and commitment for what we do. We collaborate and strive to achieve the perfect balance between our work life and our personal life. Because for us at BOLD, working is not work. It’s a lifestyle, an experience and a culture. And this culture is infectious, original and driven by passion.
WHAT DEFINE US
- SOLVE REAL PROBLEMS: We are focused on solving significant problems that matter to us and our customers. We don't chase ideas and trends.
- CODE TODAY, DEPLOY TOMORROW: We make bold decisions, move fast and iterate quickly. We push ourselves and others to consistently deliver the best.
- BE WITH THE BEST: We surround ourselves with the best people, technology, tools to achieve something special together.
- STAY LEAN: We focus on doing less to achieve more. We embrace constraints and simplicity. We adapt quickly to the changing environment.
- EXPONENTIAL GROWTH: We never stop learning and career growth.
- TOOLS OF THE TRADE: We are working on the best in class technology and tools for your work.
PERK AND BENEFITS
- CAFÉ: Catered meals and an unlimited supply of snacks and beverages.
- ATTRACTIVE COMPENSATION: Highly competitive salary by industry standards.
- MEDICAL INSURANCE: Comprehensive medical insurance for you and your family.
- VACATION: 24 days of paid vacation and 10 national holidays.
- RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: We'll fly you in, help you move & give accommodation for 2 weeks.
- FRIENDLY CULTURE: Open plan office, flat organizational structure, comfy office space and fun-loving people.
- TEAM OUTINGS: We have team outings, annual picnic and Annual party for you and your family.