Data Scientist II, Product Analyticsat BOLD (View all jobs)
We are looking for a Data Scientist II, Product Analytics to join the Data Analytics team at BOLD! This team partners with Product, Marketing, and Finance to produce world-class analysis and provide recommendations that improve our products and increase customer engagement.
This position is 100% remote, work from home (within lawfully allowed States). In some areas of the US, you may utilize a co-work space (when you’d like).
Lawfully allowed states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington
ABOUT THIS TEAM
Reporting to the Director of Product Analytics, the Data Scientist II, Product Analytics will provide critical insights to business partners and strategic support to the executive team. You will also have your fingers on the pulse of the business and develop metrics and reporting to keep the organization informed. Through your high-quality analysis and attention to detail, you will be the go-to person for product performance and insights. The ideal candidate is highly motivated and will use their technical skills and business acumen to quickly make an impact!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Conduct in-depth analysis to uncover opportunities for improving our products.
- Work closely with business partners to extract meaningful insights using a variety of data sources: relational databases, front-end analytics tools, clickstream data, etc.
- Present insights and recommendations to executive leadership using high quality visualizations and concise messaging.
- Design and analyze A/B tests to drive KPI improvements.
- Build machine learning models to predict customer behavior and better understand the drivers of customer engagement and retention.
- Develop dashboards to inform business decisions with an emphasis on automation and scalability.
- Collaborate with Engineering to advance data infrastructure and governance.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 5+ years’ experience performing quantitative data analysis, preferably for an internet or technology company.
- Ability to write complex SQL queries to drive critical business decisions.
- Robust understanding of Statistics with ability to explain statistical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Bachelors or Masters’ degree in Math, Engineering, Statistics or other quantitative field, with a track record of academic excellence.
- Self-starter with a desire to learn and the ability to rapidly understand the business and its drivers.
- Proficiency with Python/R
- Experience with building machine learning/predictive models.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT’S GOOD TO HAVE
- Proficiency with BI tools such as Tableau, Looker, or equivalent
- Experience with Google Analytics, MixPanel or other front-end analytical platforms a plus.
- Experience with NLP (Natural Language Processing) is a plus.
HERE’S A FEW OF OUR PERKS & BENEFITS
- Competitive Salary
- Bi-annual Bonus
- 401(k) Plan Equivalent (with company match)
- Company Equity
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA for health and dependent care)
WE LIKE YOU HEALTHY
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (additional plans for your family)
- Mental Health and Wellness perks (apps, additional support, etc.)
- Sick Time
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Wellness reimbursement (gym, health apps, etc.)
WE WANT YOU HAPPY
- Flexible PTO (take what you need)
- 11 paid holidays a year
- Additional 1-week PTO over December holidays
- Home Internet reimbursement
- Home Office Equipment reimbursement
Under San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position.
#LI-Remote, #LI-Hybrid, #LI-Onsite
Individual pay is based on location, transferable skills, experience, and other relevant factors. This estimated range is based on the best available market data and factors, all of which are subject to change. This position may also be eligible for a bonus and medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurance, 401(k), paid time off, sick leave, and paid holidays, all subject to applicable plan terms.
As an established global organization (17 years and counting), BOLD helps people find jobs. Our story is one of growth, success, and professional fulfillment.
We create digital products that have empowered over three million people in 180 countries to build stronger resumes, cover letters, and CVs. The result of our work helps people interview confidently, finding the right job in less time.
Our employees are experts, learners, contributors, and creatives.
BOLD VALUES OUR POSITION AS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE VALUE, CELEBRATE, AND PROMOTE DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION.
We hired based on qualifications, merit, and our business needs.
We don't discriminate regarding race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law.