Database Architectat BOLD (View all jobs)
Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
BOLD is an established and fast-growing product company that transforms work lives. Since 2005, BOLD has delivered award-winning career services that have a meaningful and positive impact on job seekers and employers. BOLD’s robust product line includes a professional resume and cover letter writing services, scientifically validated career tests, and employer tools that help companies hire, onboard, and communicate with their staff.
In India, our infrastructure team uses mixture of IAAS & PAAS for migration and virtualization to create smooth website hosting which creates great consumer experience. All the products are on Microsoft Azure used for building, deploying, and managing applications and services through a global network of Microsoft-managed data centers.
- Knowledge of Physical design of a database cluster
- RAID/SAN design
- Strong understanding of difference between SQL Azure and on-premise SQL Server setup, on-premise to AzureSQL migration
- Strong understanding of Database concepts, SQL Server federation, SQL Server Data Sync, Replication, Distributed transaction management
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Experiencing Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQLProfiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
- Experiencing troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server.
- Capacity Planning (Backup Share, Disk, CPU and Memory)
- Experience with data modeling, database architecture and design (SQL, No SQL and hybrid SQL/No SQL environments) and data mining
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
- Good understanding of cloud computing
- Knowledgeable about various tools to be used with SQL Azure
BOLD is a fast-paced, product company founded by two entrepreneurs passionate about helping people achieve their dreams. We stand together as a team empowering people to reach their professional aspirations. With our headquarters in Puerto Rico and offices in San Francisco and India, we’re a global organization on a path to change the career industry . Our vision is to revolutionize the online career world by creating transformational products that help people find jobs and companies hire the best candidates. A career at BOLD promises great challenges, opportunity, culture and the environment and you forge your own path ahead. Join us and discover what a great place BOLD is!
WHAT WE DO...
Since 2005, we’ve helped more than 10,000,000 folks from all over America (and beyond!) to reach higher and to do better. With multiple online destinations providing successful and effective products and services, we’re partners along the way- from building successful resume to interviewing with confidence and landing the offer.
WHAT MAKE US BOLD
We at BOLD share the same passion and commitment for what we do. We collaborate and strive to achieve the perfect balance between our work life and our personal life. Because for us at BOLD, working is not work. It’s a lifestyle, an experience and a culture. And this culture is infectious, original and driven by passion.
WHAT DEFINE US
- SOLVE REAL PROBLEMS: We are focused on solving significant problems that matter to us and our customers. We don't chase ideas and trends.
- CODE TODAY, DEPLOY TOMORROW: We make bold decisions, move fast and iterate quickly. We push ourselves and others to consistently deliver the best.
- BE WITH THE BEST: We surround ourselves with the best people, technology, tools to achieve something special together.
- STAY LEAN: We focus on doing less to achieve more. We embrace constraints and simplicity. We adapt quickly to the changing environment.
- EXPONENTIAL GROWTH: We never stop learning and career growth.
- TOOLS OF THE TRADE: We are working on the best in class technology and tools for your work.
PERK AND BENEFITS
- CAFÉ: Catered meals and an unlimited supply of snacks and beverages.
- ATTRACTIVE COMPENSATION: Highly competitive salary by industry standards.
- MEDICAL INSURANCE: Comprehensive medical insurance for you and your family.
- VACATION: 24 days of paid vacation and 10 national holidays.
- RELOCATION ASSITANCE: We'll fly you in, help you move & give accommodation for 2 weeks.
- FRIENDLY CULTURE: Open plan office, flat organizational structure, comfy office space and fun-loving people.
- TEAM OUTINGS: We have team outings, annual picnic and Annual party for you and your family.