Devops Managerat BOLD (View all jobs)
Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
BOLD is an established and fast-growing product company that transforms work lives. Since 2005, BOLD has delivered award-winning career services that have a meaningful and positive impact on job seekers and employers. BOLD’s robust product line includes a professional resume and cover letter writing services, scientifically validated career tests, and employer tools that help companies hire, onboard, and communicate with their staff.
In India, our infrastructure team uses mixture of IAAS & PAAS for migration and virtualization to create smooth website hosting which creates great consumer experience. All the products are on Microsoft Azure used for building, deploying, and managing applications and services through a global network of Microsoft-managed data centers.
- Will be responsible for monitoring server and application performance using one or more Application Performance Monitoring tools: NewRelic, Dynatrace, App dynamics.
- Will be responsible for CI/CD pipeline build, improvement and management
- Design, build, and deliver cloud computing solutions, hosted services, and underlying software infrastructure.
- Take full ownership of the DevOps discipline and be responsible for managing all server/infrastructure related issues.
- Must exhibit a high level end-to-end understanding of web application design, construction, testing, deployment, and delivery
- Work with engineers on the design, deployment and continuous improvement of important infrastructure services (i.e. logging, monitoring and alerting).
- Create and define monitoring operational standards and configurations
- Support and troubleshoot scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, backup and restores of different environments.
- Support and troubleshoot product and infrastructure issues in production environments.
- Evaluate new tools, technologies, and processes to improve speed, efficiency, and scalability of websites continuous integration environments.
- Expert in one or more Application Performance Monitoring tools: NewRelic, Dynatrace, App dynamics.
- As part of the DevOps team you will be responsible for configuration, optimization, documentation and support of the infrastructure components of BOLD products which are hosted in cloud services such as AWS
- Experience in Docker Containers, automating container image creation process, build and deployment in a container environment.
- Good hands-on experience in any of the Container Schedulers like Kubernetes.
- Should have good understanding of Web servers performance monitoring e.g. Chrome DevTools.
- Should have hands on experience on web server log monitoring, configuration of reverse proxies.
- Should have good understanding of how different software components interact in a distributed environment
- Should have familiarity with Relational database and noSql database
- Experience on Sql query optimization a bonus.
- Should be able to investigate & perform Root Cause Analyse (RCA) on users reported issues and suggest workarounds before implementing the permanent fix.
- Implement and support Real User Monitoring solutions as part of our overall APM strategy.
- Act as a subject matter expert for troubleshooting and resolving complex, multi-tier web problems that span a number of different platforms
- Partner closely with software development teams using a strong dev-ops mindset.
- Ability to work independently, prioritizes existing projects, and proactively determine areas requiring additional attention, monitoring, or maintenance.
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and testing skills
- Ability to deliver independently and to translate requirements into technical solutions with minimal supervision
- Should work in collaboration with with product managers, technical teams, infrastructure team to provide platform-related knowledge
- 5 years or more work experience in Web Operations, System Administration, NOC or IT Production Support or Web Development building and supporting large-scale, business critical systems, with expert troubleshooting ability.
BOLD is a fast-paced, product company founded by two entrepreneurs passionate about helping people achieve their dreams. We stand together as a team empowering people to reach their professional aspirations. With our headquarters in Puerto Rico and offices in San Francisco and India, we’re a global organization on a path to change the career industry . Our vision is to revolutionize the online career world by creating transformational products that help people find jobs and companies hire the best candidates. A career at BOLD promises great challenges, opportunity, culture and the environment and you forge your own path ahead. Join us and discover what a great place BOLD is!
WHAT WE DO...
Since 2005, we’ve helped more than 10,000,000 folks from all over America (and beyond!) to reach higher and to do better. With multiple online destinations providing successful and effective products and services, we’re partners along the way- from building successful resume to interviewing with confidence and landing the offer.
WHAT MAKE US BOLD
We at BOLD share the same passion and commitment for what we do. We collaborate and strive to achieve the perfect balance between our work life and our personal life. Because for us at BOLD, working is not work. It’s a lifestyle, an experience and a culture. And this culture is infectious, original and driven by passion.
WHAT DEFINE US
- SOLVE REAL PROBLEMS: We are focused on solving significant problems that matter to us and our customers. We don't chase ideas and trends.
- CODE TODAY, DEPLOY TOMORROW: We make bold decisions, move fast and iterate quickly. We push ourselves and others to consistently deliver the best.
- BE WITH THE BEST: We surround ourselves with the best people, technology, tools to achieve something special together.
- STAY LEAN: We focus on doing less to achieve more. We embrace constraints and simplicity. We adapt quickly to the changing environment.
- EXPONENTIAL GROWTH: We never stop learning and career growth.
- TOOLS OF THE TRADE: We are working on the best in class technology and tools for your work.
PERK AND BENEFITS
- CAFÉ: Catered meals and an unlimited supply of snacks and beverages.
- ATTRACTIVE COMPENSATION: Highly competitive salary by industry standards.
- MEDICAL INSURANCE: Comprehensive medical insurance for you and your family.
- VACATION: 24 days of paid vacation and 10 national holidays.
- RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: We'll fly you in, help you move & give accommodation for 2 weeks.
- FRIENDLY CULTURE: Open plan office, flat organizational structure, comfy office space and fun-loving people.
- TEAM OUTINGS: We have team outings, annual picnic and Annual party for you and your family.