Director, Privacy and Complianceat BOLD (View all jobs)
The BOLD’s Legal Team is looking for a Director, Privacy and Compliance. This team manages the company’s in-house legal matters. This includes management, negotiations and review of commercial agreements, management of privacy, risks, and compliance matters, support the business teams on their legal needs, and is in charge of the company’s intellectual property portfolio and all enforcement related matters. Additionally, the team manages all corporate governance matters, locally and internationally, support in all M&A activities, and also provide legal support to the operations team, including on areas of accounting, finance, payments, tax, technology, facilities, and HR.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build, scale, and drive strategy to holistically manage all compliance-related matters and help manage risk impacting the company's business
- Solve regulatory questions and issues; the industry's regulatory landscape is often changing, and you will be instrumental in keeping the company ahead of the curve
- Contribute to product development efforts by providing your perspective on the legal implications of new features, changes to designs, changes to disclaimers, disclosures and other content that might require legal review and input
- Work with the leadership team to advise on business decisions with respect to compliance requirements in multiple areas of the business such as on product and on marketing matters
- Manage, develop and implement policies, procedures and governance protocols in compliance with U.S., EEA, LATAM, and international data privacy, consumer protection, advertising, and other laws, as applicable to the business to ensure that the company is compliant
- Work closely with business partners and outside counsel to provide strategic/legal advice on a variety of matters to evaluate and minimize risk and advance strategic initiatives
- Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, and procedures by evaluating, recommending the initiation of investigative procedures, and handling such matter either directly or with the help of outside counsel, as needed
- Structure, draft and review reports, excel files, power points and other type of documents
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Juris Doctor and admitted to practice law in the US or Puerto Rico
- 4+ years of law firm practice
- 8+ working in-house with business, supervision, and management experience
- Subject matter expertise in global privacy laws, including those applicable in the US (including specific state laws), EEA, UK, and LATAM (i.e. CPRA, GDPR, LGPD, etc.)
- Proven experience guiding and enabling product launches and features in a SaaS environment from a legal point of view, including working with tech, marketing, and product teams on the implementation of compliance measures
- Strong English communication skills both verbal and written
- Proficient understanding of business sensitivities and confidentiality
- Experience with Google Suite
- Requires travel flexibility to the US and abroad, and availability to work during different time zones, including Eastern, Pacific, India, and Europe time zones.
WHAT’S GOOD TO HAVE
- Knowledge of credit card industry standards including laws, rules and regulations related to banks, scheme rules, and the participants in the payments ecosystem
- Experience with Jira, WordPress, Concord
- Notary Public preferred
HERE’S A FEW OF OUR PERKS & BENEFITS
- Competitive Salary
- Biannual Bonus
- 401(k) Plan Equivalent (with company match)
- Company Equity
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA for health, dependent care, transportation)
WE LIKE YOU HEALTHY
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (additional plans for your family)
- Mental Health and Wellness perks (apps, additional support, etc.)
- Sick Time
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Wellness reimbursement (gym, health apps, etc.)
WE WANT YOU HAPPY
- Flexible PTO (take what you need)
- 13 paid holidays a year
- Additional 1-week PTO over December holidays
- Home Internet reimbursement
- Home Office Equipment reimbursement
Certain group health plans are required to disclose on a public website information regarding in-network provider rates and historical out-of-network allowed amounts and billed charges for covered items and services in two separate machine-readable files (MRFs). The MRFs for the Triple S Salud medical benefit plans are linked below as of July 1, 2022:
As an established global organization (17 years and counting), BOLD helps people find jobs. Our story is one of growth, success, and professional fulfillment.
We create digital products that have empowered over three million people in 180 countries to build stronger resumes, cover letters, and CVs. The result of our work helps people interview confidently, finding the right job in less time.
Our employees are experts, learners, contributors, and creatives.
BOLD VALUES OUR POSITION AS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE VALUE, CELEBRATE, AND PROMOTE DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION.
We hired based on qualifications, merit, and our business needs.
We don't discriminate regarding race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law.