Engineering Manager- .Net (Platform)at BOLD (View all jobs)
BOLD is seeking a Technical specialist, who will lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help teams raise their game, meeting standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embrace leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit.
ABOUT THIS TEAM
BOLD Platform services team design, create, manage and maintain the highly scalable and distributed services for the wider use of web and mobile product applications/portals/websites. Current list of services are based on Microservices architecture whose domain ranges from visitor tracking, User profiles, authentication, content and payments.
Platform team uses state of the art modern technologies like .Net framework, Python, Java, SQL Server, My SQL, Graph DB, SOLR, and a lot of other tools & technologies serving millions of users with hundreds of million transactions everyday through a scalable and fault tolerant architecture.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage a development team that is responsible for all phases of the system development and implementation process including analysis, design, development, testing, and ongoing support for the application systems in an environment of diverse and complex development platforms
- Own technical change management, source code and technical documentation, utilizing best practices
- Document and test using proven industry standard code analyzing tools, implementing and providing ongoing support for the applications
- Master existing systems/application/product architecture and identify opportunities for short and long term improvement.
- Coordinate all stages of product development, from initial concept art, to finalization and distribution.
- Provide architecture guidance with strong focus on solution architecture, architecture artifacts, performance, scaling and security to produce scale-able, flexible, robust and efficient applications
- Lead the technical design solution, conversation, choose the right frameworks for the business solution, and apply design patterns consistently.
- Lead and oversee developers through the product design, planning, development, implementation, and product/system test.
- Conduct team meetings with product team and other key project team members to go over schedules and operational milestones.
- Create and manage project plans for large foundation projects.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Be an expert with Agile methodologies and deliver these processes throughout the organization.
- Run all scrum ceremonies for the team, including Daily Standup, Sprint Planning, Sprint Demo, Sprint Retrospective, and Backlog Grooming.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Excellent hands-on experience in MVC, C#, SQL DB & NO SQL
- Exposure to cloud computing, distributed computing, microservices architecture.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to understand the business problems, structure the solution and communicate effectively with stakeholders to implement and execute the solution.
- Good experience in Graph DBs, No SQL, SOLR etc.
- Deep understanding of the DB performance and data retrieval.
- Good experience in any ORM including entity framework
- Understanding of latest web UI technologies (JQuery, responsive frameworks, etc.)
- Familiarity with n-tier environment
- Experience of any MVC based frameworks.
- Versed in Agile methodology. Experience in high-volume web application environment
- Knowledge of full SDLC.
- Excellent grasp of data structures and interaction between applications and data
- Knowledge of design patterns and practical implementation knowledge.
- Experience with Graph databases, RDF Triple Store, OWL etc.,
- Experience with Ontologies
- Similarity search and logic, Basic NLP techniques,Basic grouping, clustering,Part of speech tagging
- Graph schema and Graph query language, Graph database query optimization and indexing,
- Contextual Graph transformations and Graph sharding
- Experience- 11 years+
HERE’S A FEW OF OUR PERKS & BENEFITS
- Competitive Salary
- Tax friendly compensation structure
- Biannual Global Bonus
- Annual/Biannual Appraisal
- Company Equity & Dividend program
100% FULL HEALTH BENEFITS & MORE
- Group Mediclaim, Personal Accident & Term Life Insurance
- Practo Health Plus Membership
- Quarterly On-Site Wellness Programs
- Mental Health and Wellness (apps, additional support, etc.)
- Online Messaging Therapy App- Talkspace
FLEXIBLE TIME OFF
- 24 Paid Leaves with Yearly Declared Fixed Holidays
- Paid Compassionate, and Marriage leave
- COVID leave for up to 7 days
- Paternity and Maternity Leaves
- Monthly Broadband Reimbursement
- Home Office Equipment Reimbursement
- Certification Policy
- Udemy Learning Program
- Free Lunch Meals and Snacks
- Cab Pickup and Drop Off Facility
- Quarterly Team Outings and Annual Party
- Marriage, Birthday, and Diwali Gifts
As an established global organization (17 years and counting), BOLD helps people find jobs. Our story is one of growth, success, and professional fulfillment.
We create digital products that have empowered over three million people in 180 countries to build stronger resumes, cover letters, and CVs. The result of our work helps people interview confidently, finding the right job in less time.
Our employees are experts, learners, contributors, and creatives.
BOLD VALUES OUR POSITION AS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE VALUE, CELEBRATE, AND PROMOTE DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION.
We hired based on qualifications, merit, and our business needs.
We don't discriminate regarding race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law.