Legal Localization Project Managerat BOLD (View all jobs)
We are looking for a Legal Localization Project Manager to join the Internationalization & Localization team at BOLD! This team is a centralized department responsible for localizing, transcreating, and creating localized products and content that delight our users worldwide. We support several product teams (Core & off-brands), Customer Service, Legal, Social Media, and more.
This position is 100% remote, work from home (within lawfully allowed States). In some areas of the US, you may utilize a co-work space (when you’d like).
Lawfully allowed states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington
ABOUT THIS TEAM
Reporting to the Senior Director of Product, the Legal Localization Project Manager will be instrumental in managing legal localization projects/deliverables for all the products/teams we support. The Legal Localization Project Managers are responsible for overseeing the creation of legal documents, localizing them and other materials Legal-related. They work with a variety of different teams, to ensure that all projects meet Legal requirements and are consistent with Legal instructions. Legal Project Managers will also be responsible for managing the workflow of their projects. This might include assigning tasks to individual team members, tracking progress on these tasks, running queries by Legal and ensuring that everyone is working effectively together to complete projects in a timely manner.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Legal projects: work on Legal updates on current websites for multiple locales and participate on new documentation requested for new portals; clarify questions, provide guidance to the linguists and ensure total completion of accurate files.
- Write scoping documents to ensure the requirements are met. Maintain Legal Glossary.
- Create the Jira epics and projects and keep them up to date, as needed (project management).
- Communicate timeline or priority changes to the appropriate stakeholders (stakeholder management).
- Facilitate creating project timelines and managing projects from start to finish, including communicating with team members and clients throughout the duration of the project.
- Coordinate meetings between Loc team, linguists and/or Legal team.
- This role will include Talent Desk management, budgeting, spreadsheets and onboarding for linguists.
- Allocate budget for tasks/deliverables and review trackers.
- Work with Localization Engineering to set up the projects in our CAT tools, facilitate kick-off/weekly/ad hoc meetings, assign tasks and resolve issues.
- Coordinate with 50+ linguists across time zones to localize, trans create and create localized products and content that are culturally and linguistically accurate for each market, including landing pages, portals, emails, Google Ads, and more.
- Liaise cross-functionally with various internal and external stakeholders to scope projects, identify deliverables, and prepare project-related documentation, such as one-pagers, weekly and monthly reports, etc.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 2+ years of localization project management experience
- 5+ years of localization industry experience as a linguist and subject matter expert, e.g.
- Previous management experience working with remote teams
- Excellent verbal/written communication, organizational/project management skills
- Able to work well within a diverse, geographically distributed, multicultural environment
- Flexibility to respond to constantly changing requirements in an agile work environment
- Proactively anticipate project risks and ensure adequate mitigation plans are in place
- Willingness to participate in out of time zone meetings and adjust work schedule accordingly
- Fluent in English and a native speaker of at least one additional language
- Experience using CAT tools, such as Lokalise® and Smartcat®
- Experience using productivity tools such as Jira
WHAT’S GOOD TO HAVE
- B.A./M.A. in Translation and Localization Management or related field
- Localization Project Management Training/Certification a plus
- An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to work in a small, rapidly growing company
- Familiarity with career, hiring/recruiting, and web-based employment services is a plus
HERE’S A FEW OF OUR PERKS & BENEFITS
- Competitive Salary
- Bi-annual Bonus
- 401(k) Plan Equivalent (with company match)
- Company Equity
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA for health and dependent care)
WE LIKE YOU HEALTHY
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (additional plans for your family)
- Mental Health and Wellness perks (apps, additional support, etc.)
- Sick Time
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Wellness reimbursement (gym, health apps, etc.)
WE WANT YOU HAPPY
- Flexible PTO (take what you need)
- 11 paid holidays a year
- Additional 1-week PTO over December holidays
- Home Internet reimbursement
- Home Office Equipment reimbursement
Under San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position.
Individual pay is based on location, transferable skills, experience, and other relevant factors. This estimated range is based on the best available market data and factors, all of which are subject to change. This position may also be eligible for a bonus and medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurance, 401(k), paid time off, sick leave, and paid holidays, all subject to applicable plan terms.
As an established global organization (17 years and counting), BOLD helps people find jobs. Our story is one of growth, success, and professional fulfillment.
We create digital products that have empowered over three million people in 180 countries to build stronger resumes, cover letters, and CVs. The result of our work helps people interview confidently, finding the right job in less time.
Our employees are experts, learners, contributors, and creatives.
BOLD VALUES OUR POSITION AS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE VALUE, CELEBRATE, AND PROMOTE DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION.
We hired based on qualifications, merit, and our business needs.
We don't discriminate regarding race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law.