We are the Polish branch of the BOLD group, building the largest career websites in the world since 2005 with our colleagues in San Francisco, Puerto Rico, and India. Our products, intended to help people find and kick-start their dream careers, draw in over 20,000,000 visitors a month and have been featured in The Guardian, Forbes, and The Financial Times.
We're in the business of making a positive difference—and now, you can join us in helping millions of job seekers change their careers and their lives for the better
We're looking for an enthusiastic and results-driven Product Manager to shape the future of our flagship resume products. As a remote team member, you'll collaborate with a diverse group of global professionals, passionate about revolutionizing the job-hunting experience. Working closely with our User Experience and Engineering teams, you'll enable job seekers to effortlessly create personalized, top-notch resumes that impress prospective employers.
ABOUT THIS TEAM
This position is part of our Customer Experience Department and will work directly with a team of other Product Managers to support and grow our job-seeking products. The team works collaboratively using hypothesis-driven experimentation and testing to enhance our customers' resume creation experience.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Dive deep into research, usability studies, and customer feedback to shape an intuitive, user-centric product that exceeds customer expectations
- Drive innovation and stay ahead of the competition by analyzing market trends and identifying cutting-edge opportunities for differentiation.
- Craft clear and compelling product requirements and documentation, empowering the team to achieve goals efficiently.
- Build and launch high-quality resume-building experiences, relentlessly optimizing them through A/B testing.
- Utilize data-driven insights, in partnership with Data Science, to optimize and iterate on features to maximize user satisfaction while driving business growth
- Collaborate seamlessly with cross-functional teams, including Design, Engineering, Marketing, and Customer Support, to ensure a smooth product development process.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 3+ years of proven Product Manager experience, preferably with a consumer-facing online product
- Track record of successfully launching and managing products, driving growth and user engagement through A/B testing techniques.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommend feature prioritization, and drive action.
- Keen understanding of design principles, demonstrating customer empathy and skillfully utilizing research to develop compelling product features with Design.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities for fostering collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Preferred experience collaborating with SEM and SEO marketing partners to drive customers from interest to conversion through the purchase funnel.
- Very good English language skills, both spoken and written, since we’re working in a multilingual environment.
- Salary range for this position:
- Employment Agreement: 11500 - 13500 PLN gross (Umowa o Pracę)
- B2B Contract Option: net PLN + VAT
- Private healthcare (Medicover, individual package, 100% paid by BOLD)
- Mental health support and resources
- Multisport Plus card (individual package, 100% paid by BOLD)
- Virtual yoga sessions
- Udemy Business access
- Language lessons (choose one in English, German, Polish, Spanish, French, Italian)
- 100% remote work (We cannot consider candidates living outside of Poland for this position.)
- Flexible work hours (Each team has their own working habits and obligatory meetings.)
- Optional office space in Warsaw
- Monthly internet reimbursement
- Home office reimbursement (one-time equipment purchase)
- Benefits cafeteria platform
This position is 100% remote, work from home. We cannot consider candidates living outside of Poland for this position.
CVs must be submitted in English. We cannot consider applications submitted in any other language.
Please see our privacy notice for more info on how we handle your data.
WE TRANSFORM WORK LIVES
As an established global organization, BOLD helps people find jobs. Our story is one of growth, success, and professional fulfillment. We create digital products that have empowered millions of people in 180 countries to build stronger resumes, cover letters, and CVs. The result of our work helps people interview confidently, finding the right job in less time. Our employees are experts, learners, contributors, and creatives.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We value our position as an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire based on qualifications, merit, and our business needs. We don't discriminate regarding race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law.
- You constantly and visibly develop your skills. You read different sources. You apply knowledge to improve results.
- You appreciate guidance and feedback. You take the initiative to develop additional skills.
- You know how to benefit from mistakes and failures. You make them and learn from what you have observed.
- You don't take things for granted. You curiously experiment to make the organization better.
- You document changes and experiments—you want others to learn from your findings.
- You understand what sources to learn from.
- You focus on the value you bring to your position, the company, and other team members. Your values are aligned with the company strategy.
- You understand, when delivering your work, that quality is as important as agility.
- You know how to focus on the end goal. You don't let minor details distract you.
- You like to work on real solutions to real problems. You always look for improvements that bring business value. You make hypotheses about your initiatives.
- You know how to maximize your tasks and daily outcomes but keep the focus on the end goal.
- You act like the owner of the business.
- You are responsible for the scope you own, even while sharing dependencies with other teams, for good and bad.
- You know that when you don't deliver, someone else may fail. That's why you always make sure you meet deadlines.
- You share your challenges and seek advice from others.
- You are transparent with your manager and team members.
- You communicate by being open, supportive, and helpful. You remain respectful in difficult conversations.
- You openly talk about mistakes to learn from them.
- You offer feedback in a respectful manner. You are direct but kind.
- You recognize if you don’t deliver feedback, you accept the path your team members decided upon.
- If you have dependencies with other team members, you follow up and make sure they deliver things on time. If deadlines start to slip, you escalate and over communicate.
- Feedback is best received when it is not anonymous.
- You base your feedback on specific, clear examples and offer actionable suggestions on how to improve.