QA Engineer-BIat BOLD (View all jobs)
BOLD is seeking a QA professional in BI domain who will work directly with the BI Development team to validate Business Intelligence solutions.
ABOUT THIS TEAM
BOLD Business Intelligence(BI) team is a centralized team responsible for managing all aspects of the organization's BI strategy, projects and systems. BI team enables business leaders to make data-driven decisions by providing reports and analysis. The team is responsible to develop and manage a latency-free credible enterprise data warehouse which is a data source for decision making and input to various functions of the organization like Product, Finance, Marketing, Customer Support etc.
BI team has four sub-components as Data analysis, ETL, Data Visualization and QA. It manages deliveries through Snowflake, Sisense and Microstrategy as main infrastructure solutions. Other technologies including Python, R, Airflow are also used in ETL, QA and data visualizations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work with Business Analysts, BI Developers to translate Business requirements into Test Cases
- Responsible for validating the data sources, extraction of data, applying transformation logic, and loading the data in the target tables.
- Designing, documenting and executing test plans, test harness, test scenarios/scripts & test cases for manual, automated & bug tracking tools.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Experience in Data Warehousing / BI Testing, using any ETL and Reporting Tool with Oracle / SQL Server / Redshift as a Database.
- Extensive experience in writing and troubleshooting SQL Queries using any of the Databases – Redshift / SQL Server / Oracle
- Exposure to Data Warehousing and Dimensional Modelling Concepts
- Experience in understanding of ETL Source to Target Mapping Document
- Experience in testing the code on any of the ETL Tools – Informatica PowerCenter / Microsoft SSIS / SnapLogic / DataStage
- Experience in Validating the Dashboards / Reports on any of the Reporting tools – Sisense / Tableau / SAP Business Objects / MicroStrategy
- Hands-on experience and strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Good experience of Quality Assurance methodologies like Waterfall, V-Model, Agile, Scrum.
- Well versed with writing detailed test cases for functional & non-functional requirements.
- Experience on different types of testing that includes Black Box testing, Smoke testing, Functional testing, System Integration testing, End-to-End Testing, Regression testing & User Acceptance testing (UAT) & Involved in Load Testing, Performance Testing & Stress Testing.
- Expertise in using TFS / JIRA / Excel for writing the Test Cases and tracking the Defects
- Experience in scripting languages like Python to create automated Test Scripts or Automated tools like Query Surge will be an added advantage
- An effective communicator with strong analytical abilities combined with skills to plan, implement & presentation of projects.
- Experience- AQA- 2 years+ /QA- 3 years+/SQA-4.5 years+
HERE’S A FEW OF OUR PERKS & BENEFITS
- Competitive Salary
- Tax friendly compensation structure
- Biannual Global Bonus
- Annual/Biannual Appraisal
- Company Equity & Dividend program
100% FULL HEALTH BENEFITS & MORE
- Group Mediclaim, Personal Accident & Term Life Insurance
- Practo Health Plus Membership
- Quarterly On-Site Wellness Programs
- Mental Health and Wellness (apps, additional support, etc.)
- Online Messaging Therapy App- Talkspace
FLEXIBLE TIME OFF
- 24 Paid Leaves with Yearly Declared Fixed Holidays
- Paid Compassionate, and Marriage leave
- COVID leave for up to 7 days
- Paternity and Maternity Leaves
- Monthly Broadband Reimbursement
- Home Office Equipment Reimbursement
- Certification Policy
- Udemy Learning Program
- Free Lunch Meals and Snacks
- Cab Pickup and Drop Off Facility
- Quarterly Team Outings and Annual Party
- Marriage, Birthday, and Diwali Gifts
As an established global organization (17 years and counting), BOLD helps people find jobs. Our story is one of growth, success, and professional fulfillment.
We create digital products that have empowered over three million people in 180 countries to build stronger resumes, cover letters, and CVs. The result of our work helps people interview confidently, finding the right job in less time.
Our employees are experts, learners, contributors, and creatives.
BOLD VALUES OUR POSITION AS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE VALUE, CELEBRATE, AND PROMOTE DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION.
We hired based on qualifications, merit, and our business needs.
We don't discriminate regarding race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law.