GETTING PEOPLE JOBS SINCE 2005
Since 2005, we’ve helped more than 10,000,000 folks from all over America (and beyond!) discover their career path, build stronger resumes, interview with confidence, and boost their chances of finding the right job in less time.
We are the Polish branch of the BOLD family and build the largest career websites in the world with our colleagues from San Francisco, Puerto Rico, and India. InterviewMe & Zety are one of our brands, and the tools we provide are used by over 20 million candidates per month!
We’re developing the best online resume builder on earth, and you can read our career advice on some of the most popular outlets, including The Guardian, Forbes, and The Financial Times.
We are constantly growing and because of that, we are looking for A-players to join our team of 100+ dedicated people!
What does the Senior Engineering Manager do at Bold PL?
designing and delivery of new products & projects.
How do we work?
- Our points of reference are Jira and OKRTs (Objectives, Key Results, Tasks), which we plan every quarter for our team and individually.
- We work in one-week sprints.
- Every 6 months, during the performance review, we discuss the two previous quarters. We have the opportunity to evaluate not only our work but also the work of our leader.
Would you like to learn more about the IT Team? Check out our team’s website.
In the Senior Engineering Manager role at BOLD, you will:
- Lead the entire engineering department,
- Manage a team of engineering managers & leads,
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership,
- Be accountable for the overall planning, actioning and success of technical projects,
- Drive OKRs processes for every quarter,
- Mentor the team in both soft and technical skills,
- Partner with the Head of Product in planning, designing and delivery of new products & projects,
- Set up development plans for the team, help team members grow,
- Cooperate with management, leadership, executive teams in all offices.
We are looking for someone with:
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science,
- 7 years of experience,
- 3+ years as a manager, leading at least 2 teams,
- Experience in building teams/hiring people (You have hired and led high-performance engineering teams),
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux and/or Windows platforms,
- Demonstrated people management and leadership skills, and a proven track record of mentoring and coaching team members,
- Vendor management,
- Relationship management (combining the interests of 4 offices, taking into account cultural differences, international cooperation),
- Understanding of Agile methodologies, Scrum & Kanban, experience in utilizing best practices in the software development life cycle,
- Conducting employees’ performance reviews, regular 1-on-1 meetings, leading OKRs,
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, along with outstanding written and verbal communication skills,
- BPO/SSC/large, international IT organizations experience,
- Good English, written & verbal skills.
It would be nice if you have:
- A track record of coding, individual technical accomplishments,
- Experience with data structures, algorithms and software design,
- Infrastructure designing & management experience (Kubernetes, AWS/GCP/Azure, Docker),
- Experience in designing and implementing large-scale distributed systems,
- Service-oriented architecture and API communication (e.g., REST or GraphQL),
- Knowledge of Atlassian (Jira, Bitbucket & Confluence), Bitbucket Pipelines, GSuite, Jira Next-gen projects,
- A startup background.
What we can offer you:
- Internet Program – the company reimburses the Internet expenses.
- Training budget – after completing your trial period, you get access to a budget that you can spend on conferences, books, courses – everything that will allow you to develop further.
- Flexible working hours – we have no problem if you prefer to work early in the morning or start work at noon – you decide for yourself. We work the way we want to achieve the best results.
- Remote work – for the moment we don’t have any office, so we are open to full remote candidates (from Poland). However, once we go back to having the room space, and if you would like to work on-site, you will be able to do so.
- Language lessons – you can sign for English/German/Polish/Spanish/French or Italian classes organized by the company.
- Wellness and mental health programs (Yoga classes twice a month and access to Modern Health app that offers individual sessions with psychologist and/or coach).
- Private healthcare (Medicover) and Multisport Card.
If you want to be a part of our team let us know by sending your resume using the link below!
By clicking “Apply for this job ” you choose to participate in the recruitment process conducted by Bold PL sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw, 00-032, ul. Przeskok 2. To learn more about your personal data processing please click here.