Senior Manager, Internationalization & Localizationat BOLD (View all jobs)
We are looking for an experienced Localization professional, that is well versed in setting up processes and understanding the latest localization technologies, with expertise in language quality, process improvement, and vendor management. In this role you will lead and coordinate work across the BOLD portfolio and help to ensure positive relationships, input to solutions, and execution to meet our goals. Through partnerships with product and portal managers, analytics and business insight you will evaluate opportunities while balancing priorities. As the Senior Manager, Internationalization & Localization, you and your team will continue to improve the quality of BOLD localization and expand localization scope to new countries and languages across our portfolio.
ABOUT THIS TEAM
The international and localization team ensues linguists support BOLDs international tone and voice across all customer touch points and channels and manage this differently between competitive portals. This team works on guiding product and development teams to ensure localization standard methodologies are followed to minimize downstream issues and decrease cost and time-to-market for the localized versions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead, develop, mentor and inspire a team of (9) Localization project, technical and QA managers and 30+ linguists.
- Build and lead a high performing, empowered team ensuring a strong culture of trust and collaboration (within the team and across teams they work in).
- Lead the new locale International expansion strategy, hire talent, oversee a localization management system, use AI tools, set goals for the team and establish roadmaps and deadlines for all strategy related deliverables.
- Monitor individual, team and portfolio performance and implement improvements to improve knowledgebase, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Set prioritization and escalation strategies which support localization excellence at scale
- Develop and provide ownership over a cadence of reviews / approvals of your deliverables that increase visibility, discussion, and innovation
- Engage and build relationships with business partners across product, engineering, marketing, and customer support to advise on best practices and launch successful localized products
OVERSEE TEAM RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring linguists support BOLDs international tone and voice across all customer touch points and channels and manage this differently between competitive portals.
- Selecting and managing translation / localization contractors, set quality and delivery standards. Approve invoices.
- Guiding product and development teams to ensure localization standard methodologies are followed to minimize downstream issues and decrease cost and time-to-market for the localized versions.
- Evaluating existing workflows and technology solutions, anticipate requirements, and identify improvement areas; Develop and implement optimization KPI’s that support the strategy.
- Managing the localization budget, from planning and forecasting through final invoicing; use data to evaluate efficiency of cost, timelines and quality.
- Maintain relationships with vendors.
- Defining and building reporting frameworks and Indicators that can effectively track and maintain a data informed perspective at the project, program, and portfolio level
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor's Degree (localization, business, linguistics, or with equivalent experience)
- 6+ years management experience in large, multiple organizations; Experience managing and growing a localization team.
- 10+ years professional related work and hands-on localization program management working on language launches, content, and program operations
- Strong organizational and leadership skills in navigating ambiguous environments.
- Excellent people management skills, great cross-functional collaborator, passionate, motivated and can drive from strategy to execution while bringing others along
- Strong leadership presence and the ability to effectively communicate with and influence executives, technical and business teams in a cross functional environment
- Proven ability to improve localization strategy, while diving deep into tactical details to accomplish tasks
- Experience working across time zones and cultures
- Annual budget management skills/experience
- Experience managing and onboarding linguists and contractors
- Experienced in production or program management at senior levels
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems (CMS), document management systems and software repository and build systems
- Solid in-depth knowledge of internationalization and localization
- Experience with localization processes and technologies such as TM recycling, terminology management, machine translation, etc.
- Experience working in Agile development environments
- Proven effectiveness at delivering summary updates, reports and impactful presentations at the executive level.
- Curiosity for language, culture, regional nuance, and the desire to continually build empathy. A strong team player in a multilingual/multicultural environment
WHAT’S GOOD TO HAVE
- Fluency in a non-English language and/or experience in the job search industry is a plus.
- Experience in consumer based software as a service product expansion is a plus.
- Master’s degree in Localization, Business Administration, Project management or related field is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Bi-annual bonus
- 401(k) plan with match
- Equity in company
- Flexible spending accounts (health, dependent care)
- Internet and home office reimbursement
100% FULL HEALTH BENEFITS
- Medical, dental, and vision (optional plans for your family)
- Life & long term disability insurance (optional)
- Mental health support and resources
- Wellness reimbursement (gym, health apps, etc.)
- Pet Insurance (optional)
FLEXIBLE TIME AWAY
- Flexible PTO
- Sick time policy
- Observed holidays
- 1-week PTO for the December holidays
Under San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position.
Individual pay is based on location, transferable skills, experience, and other relevant factors. This estimated range is based on the best available market data and factors, all of which are subject to change. This position may also be eligible for a bonus and medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurance, 401(k), paid time off, sick leave, and paid holidays, all subject to applicable plan terms.
As an established global organization (17 years and counting), BOLD helps people find jobs. Our story is one of growth, success, and professional fulfillment.
We create digital products that have empowered over three million people in 180 countries to build stronger resumes, cover letters, and CVs. The result of our work helps people interview confidently, finding the right job in less time.
Our employees are experts, learners, contributors, and creatives.
BOLD VALUES OUR POSITION AS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE VALUE, CELEBRATE, AND PROMOTE DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION.
We hire based on qualifications, merit, and our business needs. We don't discriminate regarding race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law.