Software Engineer- PHPat BOLD (View all jobs)
BOLD is seeking technical professionals who will own the technical execution of one or more cutting-edge web products. Champion the use of best practices – agile, versioning, tool usage. Work closely with the development team to plan, coordinate, and deliver according to a high-level product roadmap. Plan and estimate development activities and track them to closure.
ABOUT THIS TEAM
The Product Delivery Group at BOLD works closely with stakeholders across the Customer Experience Team. We collaborate with product management, UX, analytics and other project stakeholders to create successful and effective customer-centric solutions for job seekers.
In India, the Product Delivery Group is amalgamation of latest technology, niche processes and tech-savvy people. Our team uses a mixture of diversified technologies and cutting edge expertise to create a wide range of products which provide great customer experience. As part of Product Delivery Group you will be working on any of our brands like MyPerfectResume.com, Resume-Now.com, LiveCareer.com which provide users with access to tools and resources to help them create and customize resumes, cover letters, and job applications. The team is responsible for delivering highly optimized and highly performant web applications using some of the latest technologies like React JS, Next JS, Node JS, .Net, PHP etc.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Conducting analysis of website and application requirements.
- Writing back-end code and building efficient PHP modules.
- Developing back-end portals with an optimized database.
- Troubleshooting application and code issues.
- Integrating data storage solutions.
- Responding to integration requests from front-end developers.
- Finalizing back-end features and testing web applications.
- Updating and altering application features to enhance performance
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Possess strong skills on the LAMP/WAMP stack, comfortable managing MySQL databases, and an in-depth knowledge of PHP
- Have knowledge of responsive front-end development using HTML5 and CSS3
- Wordpress plugin and theme development, or equivalent experience in another CMS.
- One or more Linux variants, ssh and shell scripting
- Familiarity with sql Databases and their declarative query language
- Experience in common third-party APIs (Google, Facebook etc)
- Exceptional analytical, and problem solving skills
- Experience of using Source Control (Mercurial/SVN/Git)
- Familiar with SEO, SEM methodologies
- Should be a team player
HERE’S A FEW OF OUR PERKS & BENEFITS
- Competitive Salary
- Tax friendly compensation structure
- Biannual Global Bonus
- Annual/Biannual Appraisal
- Company Equity & Dividend program
100% FULL HEALTH BENEFITS & MORE
- Group Mediclaim, Personal Accident & Term Life Insurance
- Practo Health Plus Membership
- Quarterly On-Site Wellness Programs
- Mental Health and Wellness (apps, additional support, etc.)
- Online Messaging Therapy App- Talkspace
FLEXIBLE TIME OFF
- 24 Paid Leaves with Yearly Declared Fixed Holidays
- Paid Compassionate, and Marriage leave
- COVID leave for up to 7 days
- Paternity and Maternity Leaves
- Monthly Broadband Reimbursement
- Home Office Equipment Reimbursement
- Certification Policy
- Udemy Learning Program
- Free Lunch Meals and Snacks
- Cab Pickup and Drop Off Facility
- Quarterly Team Outings and Annual Party
- Marriage, Birthday, and Diwali Gifts
As an established global organization (17 years and counting), BOLD helps people find jobs. Our story is one of growth, success, and professional fulfillment.
We create digital products that have empowered over three million people in 180 countries to build stronger resumes, cover letters, and CVs. The result of our work helps people interview confidently, finding the right job in less time.
Our employees are experts, learners, contributors, and creatives.
BOLD VALUES OUR POSITION AS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE VALUE, CELEBRATE, AND PROMOTE DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION.
We hire based on qualifications, merit, and our business needs. We don't discriminate regarding race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law.