Technical Lead- Big Dataat BOLD (View all jobs)
Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
BOLD is an established and fast-growing product company that transforms work lives. Since 2005, BOLD has delivered award-winning career services that have a meaningful and positive impact on job seekers and employers. BOLD’s robust product line includes a professional resume and cover letter writing services, scientifically validated career tests, and employer tools that help companies hire, onboard, and communicate with their staff.
Big Data is all about making dry figures accessible and useful to the right audience. Our team is working on latest tools for ETL, reporting, analysis and is providing performance monitoring and insights via dashboards, scorecards and ad hoc analysis which help create Customer Engagement reporting and modelling using our event stream.
- Owns all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications
- Performs hands-on architecture, design, and development of systems
- Functions as senior member of an agile team and helps drive consistent development practices w.r.t. tools, common components, and documentation
- Spends significant amount of time writing code and testing, and remainder of time collaborating with stakeholders through ongoing product/platform releases
- Develops deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
- Writes code and unit tests, works on API specs, automation, and conducts code reviews & testing
- Works with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues.
- Develop database design and architecture documentation for the management and executive teams
- Help maintain the integrity and security of the company database
- Good years of software development experience with proven hands-on experience in Hadoop/HIVE/ Spark/NoSQL & SQL Databases
- Experience and hands-on working knowledge on Hadoop tools like Sqoop, Hive, PIG, HBASE, Impala
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Data modeling, architecture, and management using Enterprise Architecture and Data Governance on Hadoop clusters.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods
- Looks proactively beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities.
- High energy, demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies, and takes pride in how fast they develop working software
BOLD is a fast-paced, product company founded by two entrepreneurs passionate about helping people achieve their dreams. We stand together as a team empowering people to reach their professional aspirations. With our headquarters in Puerto Rico and offices in San Francisco and India, we’re a global organization on a path to change the career industry . Our vision is to revolutionize the online career world by creating transformational products that help people find jobs and companies hire the best candidates. A career at BOLD promises great challenges, opportunity, culture and the environment and you forge your own path ahead. Join us and discover what a great place BOLD is!
WHAT WE DO...
Since 2005, we’ve helped more than 30,000,000 folks from all over America (and beyond!) to reach higher and to do better. With multiple online destinations providing successful and effective products and services, we’re partners along the way- from building successful resume to interviewing with confidence and landing the offer.
WHAT MAKE US BOLD
We at BOLD share the same passion and commitment for what we do. We collaborate and strive to achieve the perfect balance between our work life and our personal life. Because for us at BOLD, working is not work. It’s a lifestyle, an experience and a culture. And this culture is infectious, original and driven by passion.
WHAT DEFINE US
- SOLVE REAL PROBLEMS: We are focused on solving significant problems that matter to us and our customers. We don't chase ideas and trends.
- CODE TODAY, DEPLOY TOMORROW: We make bold decisions, move fast and iterate quickly. We push ourselves and others to consistently deliver the best.
- BE WITH THE BEST: We surround ourselves with the best people, technology, tools to achieve something special together.
- STAY LEAN: We focus on doing less to achieve more. We embrace constraints and simplicity. We adapt quickly to the changing environment.
- EXPONENTIAL GROWTH: We never stop learning and career growth.
- TOOLS OF THE TRADE: We are working on the best in class technology and tools for your work.
PERK AND BENEFITS
- CAFÉ: Catered meals and an unlimited supply of snacks and beverages.
- ATTRACTIVE COMPENSATION: Highly competitive salary by industry standards.
- MEDICAL INSURANCE: Comprehensive medical insurance for you and your family.
- VACATION: 24 days of paid vacation and 10 national holidays.
- RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: We'll fly you in, help you move & give accommodation for 2 weeks.
- FRIENDLY CULTURE: Open plan office, flat organizational structure, comfy office space and fun-loving people.
- TEAM OUTINGS: We have team outings, annual picnic and Annual party for you and your family.