Technical Product Managerat BOLD (View all jobs)
BOLD is seeking for an experienced Technical Product Manager to own our Jobs platform and take its capabilities to the next level. Your responsibilities would span the entire pipeline from ingestion, cleansing, and indexing of jobs as they come in; through searching and matching for both users in real-time and offline notifications; to providing front-end product interfaces to our web property product managers. All of this needs to happen at scale across our ecosystem of many millions of jobs and job seekers.
ABOUT THIS TEAM
This is an interdisciplinary role emphasizing breadth and orchestration across architecture, data engineering and science, development, analytics, and product management. A technical background is desirable and we expect a firm grasp of technical capabilities and concepts. You’ll at the very least be able to ‘read API’. However, more important is the ability to work with multiple teams to come up with a mix that works - and works well - for the end user. Key skills here are a strong analytical bent of mind for defining key metrics/benchmarks and measuring at scale, as well as the ability to hone in on the individual job seeker and answer the right questions: is her need being met? If not, how can we improve?
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work closely with North America product leadership to understand jobs product needs and use cases
- Work closely with senior engineering management and architecture to plot the technical vision and roadmap for the platform
- Design, implement, and support, in cooperation with other data teams and data scientists a platform to measure our jobs quality, coverage, and relevancy through manual and automatic mechanisms
- Analyse and measure the quality and coverage of vendor feeds.
- Measure and improve our job recommendations and search capabilities
- Work with internal teams to build dashboards which will be used by internal stakeholders (product, office of the CEO, analytics etc)
- Measure and improve jobs data quality to point out issues with jobs data/gaps with jobs data
- Work with the data science team to build jobs evaluation ML models
- Evaluate jobs data coverage for jobs within the BOLD system
- Translate business requirements and develop an end to end solution
- Design web-scale products following best coding principles, optimized coding practices and using open source tools & platforms
- Proactively identify potential problems and opportunities to improve the data pipelines related to jobs data
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 2-5 years of experience in the jobs domain with a good understanding of jobs, job matching, jobs recommendations.
- Proven track record of taking ownership, thinking strategically, and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Possess an understanding of technology stacks and level of efforts involved in order to be able to make right decisions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
- Strong attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
- Engineering/ Master’s Degree from a good Institute (preferably Computer Science or related).
- Experience- Technical Product Manager- 7+ years
WHAT’S GOOD TO HAVE
- 3-5 years of experience with analytics tools and data science models
- Exposure to any backend technology like .Net or Java etc.
- Experience with MS Azure and/or other cloud platforms
- Exposure to distributed computing, micro services architecture
- History of evaluating the relevance of search results and driving improvements with engineering and/or Data Science.
- Track record of improving the breadth, depth, and quality of consumer facing online content.
HERE’S A FEW OF OUR PERKS & BENEFITS
- Competitive Salary
- Tax friendly compensation structure
- Biannual Global Bonus
- Annual/Biannual Appraisal
- Company Equity & Dividend program
100% FULL HEALTH BENEFITS & MORE
- Group Mediclaim, Personal Accident & Term Life Insurance
- Practo Health Plus Membership
- Quarterly On-Site Wellness Programs
- Mental Health and Wellness (apps, additional support, etc.)
- Online Messaging Therapy App- Talkspace
FLEXIBLE TIME OFF
- 24 Paid Leaves with Yearly Declared Fixed Holidays
- Paid Compassionate, and Marriage leave
- COVID leave for up to 7 days
- Paternity and Maternity Leaves
- Monthly Broadband Reimbursement
- Home Office Equipment Reimbursement
- Certification Policy
- Udemy Learning Program
- Free Lunch Meals and Snacks
- Cab Pickup and Drop Off Facility
- Quarterly Team Outings and Annual Party
- Marriage, Birthday, and Diwali Gifts
As an established global organization (17 years and counting), BOLD helps people find jobs. Our story is one of growth, success, and professional fulfillment.
We create digital products that have empowered over three million people in 180 countries to build stronger resumes, cover letters, and CVs. The result of our work helps people interview confidently, finding the right job in less time.
Our employees are experts, learners, contributors, and creatives.
BOLD VALUES OUR POSITION AS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE VALUE, CELEBRATE, AND PROMOTE DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION.
We hired based on qualifications, merit, and our business needs.
We don't discriminate regarding race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law.