As a UX designer, you will be responsible for delivering best-in-class web-based tools (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) in a fast-paced, collaborative, startup-like environment. You will work closely with product management, engineering/development, and project stakeholders across multiple platforms. You are a well-rounded designer with exceptional problem-solving skills, clear communication, good design instincts, and can translate business needs into impactful solutions. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment.
- Contribute to the design of useful, usable, and desirable user interfaces in a team environment.
- Create user-centered designs by considering market segment analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.
- Use business requirements and customer research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements.
- Design the visual style, interface, and interaction flow of applications and experiences.
- Drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently.
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototypes.
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns.
- Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and leadership for review and feedback.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, hybrid designer, or similar role.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions.
- Experience creating iterative design, working closely with customers and peers and developers from inception through implementation.
- Fluency in best practices for mobile and desktop design, as well as working knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work gracefully and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Past experience in designing and launching effective internal tools or b2b products.
- Ability to create lightweight prototypes to test ideas.
- Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently
GETTING PEOPLE JOBS SINCE 2005
Since 2005, we’ve helped more than 10,000,000 folks from all over America (and beyond!) discover their career path, build stronger resumes, interview with confidence, and boost their chances of finding the right job in less time.
SOME PERKS OF WORKING AT BOLD
Competitive salary, bonus, 401(k) plan, and equity for all employees.
Flexible spending accounts for health, dependent care, transit and parking.
FULL HEALTH BENEFITS
- PPO & HMO medical, dental and vision plan choices for you and your family.
- 100% paid medical for individuals and subsidy for dependents.
- Life & Long Term Disability Insurance.
FLEXIBLE TIME OFF
- Unlimited PTO and sick time.
- Paid holidays plus 1 week company closure over holidays in December!
- Happy hours, catered lunches, kitchen with snacks and beverages.
- Open office environment, lounge areas and pool table.
- Generous corporate discounts.